- Editable PSML – PageSeeder Markup Language documents.
- docx and PDF files (or other externally created binary files).
- Archive file formats, such as .ZIP.
- Image formats, such as JPEG and Portable Network Graphics (PNG).
- Text files in arbitrary formats, such as non-PageSeeder XML.
For files with content outside the PageSeeder XML namespace, processing is organized by MIME type. This makes it possible to trigger custom processes when files with a certain format are uploaded. For example, .docx or .pdf files.