How to display an image thumbnail for a document
PageSeeder can display a thumbnail of the first image in a document in place of the usual file icon in search results, XRef lookups and the omnibox. By the end of this tutorial the ability, to configure PageSeeder so that the thumbnail is displayed instead of the standard icon, will be gained.
In order to display a thumbnail in place of the icon, PageSeeder must know which document type this applies to.
This can be configured in the
Browse the project files and edit the
If it does not exist, create a
project.properties file in the
config folder of the project;
Add/edit the property
featuredImageDocumentTypes so that the applicable document types are listed separated by a comma.
To display the film poster cover of a document type 'movie_information' in the 'movie' project, ensure that the file:
contains the following line:
Limitations and troubleshooting
In order for this to work, ensure that:
- The applicable documents have a document type (e.g. 'movie_information');
- The applicable documents contain at least one graphic, that is an image document in PageSeeder (must be either PNG, JPG, or GIF);
- The graphic reference is using the permalink URL (i.e. starting with /uri/);
- Only the first image is used;
- The XSLT Cache must be reloaded (Reload icon in the developer actions - top left in developer perspective).