Documents can have any number of tasks – the status of the last comment in a discussion is the task status.
Unlike workflows which are bound to the document, tasks are moveable and can relate to a document, a document fragment, including page in a PDF, or be a general task.
Like comments, they can be created against the following:
- group – means that the task hasn’t been attached to any specific content.
- document or version – relates to the entire document.
- fragment – attaches the task to a specific point in the document.
A task has the following configurable properties such as:
- Status – nominates the state of the task; reflects an action to be undertaken.
- Priority – nominates the importance of the task.
- Assignee – nominates the member responsible for the task.
- Due Date – nominates when completion of the task is required.
The task status values available to use depend on the role that a member has in the group.