This page lists the components necessary for running PageSeeder on a local server.
At least the following components are necessary.
This does not have to be a dedicated system, for development or low traffic sites—PageSeeder can be hosted on a workstation.
- Operating system*:
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012.
- A current Linux distribution (tested with CentOS, Fedora or Amazon).
- Java JDK 1.8.
- 1 GHz Processor, 1.5gb RAM, 500mb Hard Disk Storage.
- Database: MySQL 5.6.4 or higher (but not MySQL 8).
* the operating system installation can be native or virtual, and deployment can be local or to cloud services.
While PageSeeder uses no user tracking technology whatsoever, browser plugins for ad blocking have been known to cause strange results. For this reason, we recommend that the host site is whitelisted. Following are the desktop browsers known to work with PageSeeder.
- Internet Explorer 9
- Safari 4.0
- Opera 10
You can apply online to get a 90 day evaluation license for another domain.
To license PageSeeder for a production environment, send an email to
ps-sales on this domain
ps.pageseeder.com (note the
ps. prefix on the
All licenses are bound to a URL, for example,
ps.example.com, so any request email must include the intended URL for the PageSeeder server.
Additional useful links
- New installation
- Installation of previous versions (5.6 or earlier)
- Configuring a proxy
- Configuring SSL
- Moving installations
- Release Notes