This page lists the components necessary for running PageSeeder on a local server.
At least the following components are necessary.
This does not have to be a dedicated system, for development or low traffic sites—PageSeeder can be hosted on a workstation.
- Operating system*:
- Microsoft Windows 8 or 10.
- A current Linux distribution (tested with Rocky, CentOS, Fedora or Amazon).
- Java JDK 11.
- 1 GHz Processor, 1.5gb RAM, 500mb Hard Disk Storage.
- Database: MySQL 5.6.4 or higher (but not MySQL 8) or PostgreSQL v12 to v14.
* the operating system installation can be native or virtual, and deployment can be local or to cloud services.
While PageSeeder uses no user tracking technology whatsoever, browser plugins for ad blocking have been known to cause strange results. For this reason, we recommend that the host site is whitelisted. Following are the desktop browsers known to work with PageSeeder.
- Safari 4.0
- Opera 10
- Internet Explorer 11 (may still work but it's not support)
The default PageSeeder installation includes a developer license which uses a product key of
dev. This free, single-computer, server license provides unlimited projects, groups and members from:
You can apply online to get a 90 day evaluation license for another domain.
To license PageSeeder for a production environment, send an email to
ps-sales on this domain
ps.pageseeder.com (note the
ps. prefix on the
All licenses are bound to a URL, for example,
ps.example.com, so any request email must include the intended URL for the PageSeeder server.
The end of life (EOL) date for each PageSeeder version is shown below. There will be no security or bug fix maintenance releases after the EOL date, which is 12 months after the minor release or 6 months after the next minor release, whichever is later.
|PageSeeder version||Release date||EOL date|
|5.98||Apr 2020||Feb 2022|
|5.99||Aug 2021||July 2023|
|6.00||Jan 2023||Jan 2024*|
* This will be extended until 6 months after the next minor release.