- shared document – a document viewable by more than one group.
- owner group – the owner (default) group for a document is the group it was created in. The name of this group will always appear in the first part of the document's path. In the following document path, the owner group is acme-specs.
- sharing group – the sharing group for a document is the group which is not the owner but has access to the document's path in its group folders. To share a document to a group, an administrator needs to add its folder to the group folders for that group (see Group – Folders). To share the document in the example above would require the sharing group to add the path of the owner group:
There MUST NOT be any upper case letters in the folder name being shared because group folders are all lower case. The example above would not work properly if the folder was named
- sharing project – the sharing project for a document is the project which has access to the document's path in its group folders (similar to sharing group above). A member of a group in a project also has guest access to the project, meaning that they have guest access to documents shared to the project level.
- shareDocumentEdits – a property in the group properties and must be set on the owner group for the document.
- shareXrefsWithTarget – a property in the group properties and must be set on the owner group for the document.
It is not recommended to share a document to more than 20 groups as this may have an impact on server performance.
Comment sharing scenarios
Comments with document shared to a group
Comments with document shared to a project
Edit sharing scenarios
Edits with document shared to a group
Edits with document shared to a project
Cross reference (XRef) sharing scenarios
Xrefs with documents shared to a group
Xrefs with documents shared to a project