Fundamentally, a PageSeeder project provides the following two functions:
- Acts as a container for one or more groups and any customizations, such as publishing scripts, user interface modifications or editing templates. All groups in a project have the same functionality, including the following artifacts:
import config file
export config file
- labels –
In this capacity, the project acts as a template for each group.
- Provides an organizing mechanism for arranging groups and members. Projects can have one or more subprojects.
Project templates can be exported as a single package for use on a different server or a new project on the same server.
The title is a user-friendly name to display in the user interface. This is useful if the project name contains abbreviations, acronyms or underscores. The title can include punctuation and spaces to describe the project. It’s not recommended to use hyphens in project titles.
- Limit to 100 characters.
The “URL” is the fundamental building block of PageSeeder. To avoid inconsistent, ambiguous or non-compliant URLs, projects must be named according to the following conventions:
- A project name can only contain lowercase letters, numbers, underscore
Because the full name of a group includes the name of its parent project and is used in URLs and email addresses, it’s a good idea to keep project names short. The full name of a group cannot exceed 60 characters.
Project name restrictions
- Top level project names must start with a lowercase letter.
- Top level project names cannot be named the following:
Subprojects have the same restrictions as groups.
For more information, see Names for projects and groups.