Through the Ant API, publish scripts can access in batch mode most of functionality that is available through both the user interface and the services. This allows scripts to:
- export to non-PSML formats
- import from non-PSML formats
- move PSML files to another location
- create PSML documents using variables from a non-PSML source file
Publish scripts are managed at the project level, this means all groups in a project access the same publish options.
For users with admin rights, the Publish files can be accessed by going to the Toolbox option under the Dev menu in the Developer perspective. Then select Project files or Publish scripts.
Publish scripts can be configured for use as follows:
- Document – to process the currently open document as an option under the Export icon
- Folder – for processing an entire folder by browsing to the correct location via the Documents menu, then selecting the icon to the right of the folder name.
- Group – this script is accessed using the menu Group – Publish icon in the actions block. The build.xml file is under:
- Scheduled publishing script – An alternate way to invoke the group publishing script at a specific time. All scheduled events are displayed on the activity console and can be viewed by administrators. For further information see Scheduled jobs.
There is a growing set of scripts available to developers to use for learning or customization. The most up-to-date information is available on the PageSeeder GitHub site.
Created on , last edited on