Through the Ant API, publish scripts can access in batch mode most of functionality that is available through both the user interface and the services. This allows scripts to:
- export to non-PSML formats
- import from non-PSML formats
- move PSML files to another location
- create PSML documents using variables from a non-PSML source file
Publish scripts are managed at the project level, this means all groups in a project can access the same publish options.
To access the Publish files, go to the Toolbox option under the Dev menu in the Developer perspective. The four options are as follows:
- Document – this script is for PSML files accessed from the Export icon.
- folder – these scripts can be accessed from Documents menu.
- Group – this script is accessed using the menu Group – Publish icon in the actions block. The build.xml file is under:
- Scheduled publishing script
This is simply a different method of invoking the group publishing script. It allows the script to be run at a specified time or regularly scheduled times. All scheduled events are displayed on the activity console (which can be viewed by administrators).
For further information see Scheduled jobs.
There is a continually growing range of publish scripts available. For the most up-to-date information, see PageSeeder on GitHub .
Created on , last edited on