PDF Export Config
XSL Formatting Objects (XSL-FO) is a companion standard to XML. It is designed to enable developers to convert XML data into PDF and other formats. PageSeeder comes preconfigured with FOP , a respected, open source FO processor from Apache.
With no additional code or configuration, PageSeeder's FOP implementation enables any collection of PSML files to be output as a PDF document using a default page layout. However, when a custom page layout is required, it can be changed by editing a stylesheet language file called FOConfig. For information about this feature, see Generating PDF output.
To create a custom layout config, override the default config by following the steps below:
- Login to PageSeeder and select a project or group.
- Select the Developer Perspective from the top left of the page.
- To change the config for yourself ONLY go to a document, select Export, Create PDF and click Edit config. This is available to group managers only.
- To change the config for everyone in the project select Document config under the Dev menu and follow the steps below. This is available to project managers and administrators only.
- Click on the Publish configurations link at the top right of the page.
- To change the default config for all documents click create next to
pdf-export-config.xmlunder Media types.
- To change the config for a specific PSML document type click Create document type, then click create next to
pdf-export-config.xmlfor that type.
When editing this config file in PageSeeder pressing ctrl-space will display autocomplete options to make editing easier.
Created on , last edited on