PDF Export Config
XSL Formatting Objects (XSL-FO) is a companion standard to XML. It is designed to enable developers to convert XML data into PDF and other formats. PageSeeder comes preconfigured with FOP , a respected, open source FO processor from Apache.
With no additional code or configuration, PageSeeder's FOP implementation enables any collection of PSML files to be output as a PDF document using a default page layout. However, when a custom page layout is required, it can be changed by editing a stylesheet language file called FOConfig. For information about this feature, see Exporting to PDF.
To create a custom layout config, override the default config by following the steps below:
- Login to PageSeeder and select a project or group.
- Select the Developer Perspective from the top left of the page.
- To change the config for yourself ONLY go to a document, select Export, Create PDF and click Edit config. This is available to group managers only.
- To change the config for everyone in the project select Document config under the Dev menu and follow the steps below. This is available to project managers and administrators only.
- Click on the Publish configurations link at the top right of the page.
- To change the default config for all documents select override under PDF Export in the default row.
- To change the config for a specific publication type click create under PDF Export in the row for that type (if there is no row for that type first click Create publication type).
When editing this config file in PageSeeder, pressing ctrl-space will display autocomplete options to make editing easier.
Created on , last edited on