Before installing any upgrade, make a backup of the PageSeeder install folder and the PageSeeder database. To preserve the PageSeeder cache, the PageSeeder service needs to be stopped before doing the backup.
Before upgrading, read the NOTE sections in any release notes after the current version to ensure any project customizations are compatible with the new version.
To upgrade to version 5.8 or later from version 5.7 or later follow these steps:
- If not installed already, install Java 8 or later (see which version of java) as follows:
- Go to https://www.oracle.com/java and choose Java for Developers / Java SE.
- Download the JDK or JRE .exe for windows (x64 for 64 bit) and run it.
NoteIt may take a few minutes to update the database after PageSeeder starts. To see the progress or if PageSeeder fails to start view the
To upgrade to version 5.8 from or later, from version 5.7 or later, follow these steps:
To upgrade to Open JDK 8 enter:
sudo yum install java-1.8.0-openjdk sudo alternatives --config java
Stop the PageSeeder service as follows:
sudo service pageseeder stop
Install the latest PageSeeder production version as follows:
sudo yum update pageseeder
Or to install a beta version use the following:
sudo rpm -Uvh http://download.pageseeder.com/pub/rpm/beta/pageseeder-x.y-z.noarch.rpm
- When upgrading to 5.8 the first time, configure for Tomcat 8 as follows (if upgraded to Open JDK 8 remove -XX:MaxPermSize=128m when prompted):
sudo service pageseeder config
- Start the PageSeeder service as follows:
sudo service pageseeder start
- It may take a few minutes to update the database after starting. To see the progress or if PageSeeder fails to start view the
During the update any warnings such as "
... created ... .rpmnew" or under Cleanup "
No such file or directory" can usually be ignored.
Created on , last edited on