When developer view is enabled, developers have access to the following essential tools, additional features and information specifically aimed at developers:
The developer options usually require administrator rights on the PageSeeder Server.
- Template files page – lists all the files used in a specific customization.
- Document types page – all the document types specific available to the current project are listed. The default ones (inherited) can be viewed and the custom ones can be edited. A new document type can also be created. Project managers can access this option.
- User Interface – the organization theme and logo can be the changed in the
All the files that define a project customization are listed on this page, using the original hierarchy. Go to the Administration menu >
The default Template files can be viewed from the project System administration menu, Templates > Default files.
Each file has various actions available through the drop-down on the right hand side:
- For folders – main actions are Create a file or folder, Upload and Delete.
- For documents – they are Download, Edit, History, Rename and Delete. Each document can also be moved by drag-and-drop movements. Clicking the document name opens the document in a Template file panel, where it can be edited (if possible). When editing a document, a previous version is stored and can be accessed using the History button.
The entire project customization can also be exported using the Export button. A ZIP archive containing all the document files is downloaded. The export is not for editing purposes—more for recreating the project on a different server so you don't have to start from scratch, or for testing purposes. This same archive can then be imported by clicking the Import button.
The various document types and all the possible customizations available in the project are listed in a table, on the Document types page.
Each custom configuration file can be created or accessed directly from this table and when edited, they open in a Template file panel on the right.