These are accessible by group managers and provide detailed information about a specific group, including the following:
- Jobs run by the PageSeeder publisher.
- Indexing of documents, tasks or comments.
- Custom or standard process jobs such as moving, batch editing, importing or publishing documents or comments.
These store detailed information for all PageSeeder transactions and are only accessible by administrators. They include information such as:
- Detailed records of access and actions for tracing what might have caused an error.
- A log of system messages from different components.
Logs can be configured using the global properties through the following properties:
The following information is for users with experience managing logs. Do not make any changes to the configuration unless you understand the consequences.
PageSeeder uses the logback framework with the
logback-pageseeder.xml configuration file loaded at start up. It predefines the following loggers and appenders:
|PAGESEEDER.Access||ACCESS||Daily log, 7-day history|
|PAGESEEDER.Index||INDEX||Daily log, 30-day history viewable through interface|
|PAGESEEDER.Process||PROCESS||Daily log, 30-day history viewable through interface|
|PAGESEEDER.Publish||PUBLISH||Daily log, 30-day history viewable through interface|
|* (any other)||GENERAL||Daily log, 30-day history. Recent logs viewable through interface|
For details on adding a new appender or changing the relationship between a logger and appender, refer to the logback documentation.