These are accessible by group managers and provide detailed information about a specific group, including:
- jobs run by the PageSeeder publisher,
- indexing of documents, tasks or comments,
- custom or standard process jobs such as moving, batch editing, importing or publishing documents or comments.
These store detailed information for all PageSeeder transactions and are only accessible by administrators. They include information such:
- detailed records of access and actions for tracing what may have caused an error,
- a log of system messages from different components.
Logs can be configured using the global properties via the following properties:
The information below is for users with experience managing logs. Do not make any changes to the configuration if unless you understand the consequences.
PageSeeder uses the logback framework with the
logback-pageseeder.xml configuration file loaded at start up. It predefines the following loggers and appenders:
|PAGESEEDER.Access||ACCESS||Daily log, 7-day history|
|PAGESEEDER.Index||INDEX||Daily log, 30-day history viewable via interface|
|PAGESEEDER.Process||PROCESS||Daily log, 30-day history viewable via interface|
|PAGESEEDER.Publish||PUBLISH||Daily log, 30-day history viewable via interface|
|* (any other)||GENERAL||Daily log, 30-day history. Recent logs viewable via interface|
For details on adding a new appender or changing the relationship between a logger and appender, refer to the logback documentation.