A type of cross-reference that references content that is to appear as a standalone element. The different ways a block xref can be processed are the following:
- None – used when creating a standard link from text to a target document or fragment.
- Alternate – typically used with images (but can be used for other content such as citations) where an alternate representation might be needed to output a high-resolution print document, rather than a low-resolution, editing view.
- Embed – for creating a reference that is resolved by publishing, for example, by references documents.
- Transclude – a link type that displays the target in the source document as a transclusion.
- Math – to display mathematical equations inline.
In PageSeeder PSML, block xrefs are expressed using the
<blockxref ... />