A two-step process to add someone to a group after confirmation by sending an invitation email.
Until the invited person accepts the invitation, they are listed as pending members of the group. They don’t receive notification and cannot go to the group.
See member management for more details.
- A manager invites a person to join a specific group by entering their details
- If the person they invited already has an account, PageSeeder sends a group invitation
- Otherwise, a new account is created, and PageSeeder sends the group invitation alongside a link to get started on PageSeeder.
- The person that has been invited, receives the invitation
- If they accept the invitation, they are added to the group
- If they reject the invitation, the membership is deleted.
If the person never rejects the invitation, the invitation remains pending.
In the API, invitations are represented with the <membership> element with the status set to
Administrators can accept an invitation on behalf of a user by going to the account profile page for that user.