Below are some of the new features in PageSeeder v5.8.
Improved document view
Improved the document view page by moving comments/tasks, link references and edit notes to the right hand side of the page beside the corresponding fragment.
Added update actions to the cartouche fields plus persistent document options including the following new options:
- display labels applied to fragments
- outline transclusions
- display section / fragment IDs
- hide block / inline label names
Display of sharing information
- Folders that have been shared between multiple groups are now displayed as orange in the document browse page.
- Where applicable, documents will display "shared" in orange at the top of the document view with more detail available when the cartouche is expanded.
Responsive user interface
Updated the user interface to use the foundation framework which has made it cleaner, more consistent and more responsive to different screen sizes on desktops, tablets and mobiles.
The mobile perspective has been removed as it is no longer required.
Removed some PS standard document features
As part of streamlining the user interface some features have been removed:
- PS standard documents can now only be viewed (no edit, preview, version, validate functionality).
- Comments on PS standard documents can be viewed but only added at document level or as replies.
- For full functionality the group must be converted to PSML.
- A draft comment will be saved 5 seconds after any typing or modification of the comment and immediately if files are attached.
- Files can now be attached by the dragging and dropping them onto the contents box.
- Drafts can be discarded by clicking the trash icon next to "Saved".
- Saved drafts are listed on the new My drafts page in the user home context.
Markdown like text formatting
Comment text can now be formatted using markdown like features. For example starting a line with:
- '*' then space, will create a bullet list
- number, '.' then space, will create a numbered list
- 2 spaces, will create preformatted text useful for code
See Comment format for details.
Improved document history
- Improved the document history page by displaying events in a new list format with most recent first.
- Added an option to display any combination of the following events: upload, creation, modification, attachedto, workflow, version, edit, draft, note, xref, image, comment, task.
- Document level events are displayed on the left and fragment level on the right.
- Added workflow options to the document upload page which allows document status to be set when uploading.
- Added document status to the top of the document view page which when clicked will display the workflow.
- A document status/workflow can be created/updated by opening the document header (cartouche) and mousing over the document status.
- Workflows are displayed in the new document history page and have been removed from the document comments page.
- There is a new 'workflow' label type on the labels page which is used by workflows.
Cross-references for images
- On "Upload" or "Resolve references" a cross-reference will be created for each
<image/>element to the corresponding image file (if it exists).
- The reverse references displayed on an image file will then show where that image is used.
- The attributes
unresolvedhave been allowed on
<image/>elements and are added automatically by PageSeeder.
- Images with no
unresolved="true"will be displayed with a red border.
All existing images will be initially unresolved.
- The "Resolve references" option on folder or group manage can be used to resolve existing images (viewing the logs from this will show any xrefs or images that could not be resolved).
Improved windows installer
- Added support for multiple PageSeeder instances each with it's own name (defaults to
- Removed install as service option and any existing PageSeeder service will be removed.
- Added an option to set the shutdown port (default 8005) useful if running multiple PageSeeder instances concurrently.
- Java 7 or later (JDK or JRE) must now be installed before installing PageSeeder.
- Updated Start-Stop Developer Utility including 4 colour themes useful for multiple PageSeeder instances.
Created on , last edited on